| Home | Artists | News/Articles | Events | Books & Catalogues | About Us | Contact Us |

Mike Robinson |

Camera Obscura at Talbot's Lacock Abbey

Camera Obscura at Talbot's Lacock Abbey
2014/2014
Daguerreotype (1/2 plate)
in glass mount
0 x 0 in. (0 x 0 mm)
Signed, titled and dated on the verso. In painted glass mounts that are secured in handmade paper holders. This was done on Robinson's second trip to Lacock Abbey. The entire village and the Abbey was once owned by William Henry Fox Talbot, a decedent of William Sharrington, first private owner of the Abbey and surrounding property. When Henry VIII abolished the monasteries the Abbey, founded in 1229, he sold to his friend Sharrington in 1539. William Henry Fox Talbot, inherited Lacock Abbey as a youth, and it is here where he invented the paper negative / positive photographic process. The Abbey and Town of Lacock were gifted as a National Trust Property by Fox Talbot's grand daughter in the mid 20th century.
Price: $5,500 (ref. 14213)

Return